The Advisor role is continuing to grow in healthcare improvement and now organizations are looking for the patient and family perspective in healthcare measurement. This training provides a basic understanding of the measurement world based on the Blueprint for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) Measure Management System. Participating Advisors will be able to find measures in their everyday lives and apply them to the bigger picture of healthcare measurement.
- Define the role of measures in healthcare and where the Advisor perspective fits into the measurement life cycle.
- Understand the multiple types of measures and how they are used.
- Learn how measurement impacts healthcare.
- Practice partnering effectively for impact on measurement teams.
Advisors on quality improvement teams are key to having the patient voice represented. Quality improvement happens in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings. Advisors who are new to quality improvement and how changes are made within healthcare can benefit from extra training.
This training provides Advisors context to have an impact when partnering on quality improvement teams. Interactive components of the training highlights adult learning. The training will also help Advisors understand simple methods used in quality improvement.
Core Competencies of Effective Partners Training
Join us for a 2-part online series, Core Competencies of Effective Partners. This training will provide an opportunity for all Advisors who are interested in building their skills. The sessions will review the 5 Core Competencies for Effective Advisors. We will also review how to apply the Core Competencies to your role for greater impact.
Advisors who participate will:
- Become teachers of Patient Family Centered Care (PFCC).
- Use their own experiences as examples of the core concepts of PFCC.
- Be empowered to partner with clinical and non-clinical staff as a strategy for improving care.
- Understand the responsibility of representing all patients and families.
- Practice their ability to share experiences which lead to collaborative learning.
- Understand the 5 Core Competencies of effective Patient Family Advisors.
- Connect to the larger community of Patient Family Advisors locally, regionally, and nationally for resources and support.
Another training coming later this year!
For more information contact Lindsey@pfccpartners.com
The Patient Family Advisor Skills Exchange (PFASE) is a 4-hour preparation program. It is designed for patients and families partnering with hospitals and healthcare organizations to improve care.
Please let us know if your organization would like to host either of these sessions. Stephen@pfccpartners.com.